Updating to RDP 8.1 on Windows 7 SP1
Posted by on 10 Oct 2014 12:12 PM
This article will provide a walk-through on how to upgrade your Remote Desktop Connection client to version 8.1 on Windows 7
- Check to ensure that you have windows SP1 installed on your Windows 7 machine.
- Click Start and right click over Computer
- Select properties
- Under "Windows 7" there should be a line that says "Service pack 1"
Note: If you do not please contact your IT department.
- Open your internet browser and navigate to: (http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2830477)
- Under “Operating System ” choose the appropriate link back on your system x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit)..Please see the computer properties tab for this information.
- Choose the appropriate language and select “Download”.
- Select all files to download then select “Next”.
- When downloads are complete select “Run” to start the installations completely.
Note: KB’s must be installed in the following order: KB2574819, KB2830477, KB2857650, KB2913751
For additional assistance contact My Vision Express Support via any of the following options:
1.877.882.7456 option 7
Click Here for Live Chat
VisitSupport Centralto submit a ticket