In order to export patient records in Continuity of Care Document (CCD) format, you must first obtain an OID number for your organization and enter it in the Company Information setup screen for MVE. Beginning on June of 2014, HL7 International began charging $100 to healthcare professionals for OID registrations.
|Requesting a new OID for your organization
To obtain a new OID for your organization, do as follows:
1. Navigate to http://www.hl7.org/oid/
2. Click the'Obtain or Register an OID' button.
3. Click on the "Purchase a coupon to create an OID" to create an account with HL7 and pay for your OID coupon.
4. A coupon code will be emailed to you. Once you have it, repeat steps 1 and 2. This time aroung, click on the "Redeem a coupon that has already been purchased" link.
5. Use the image below as a reference while you complete the OID registration process.
|Setting up your OID in MVE
Once you have obtained the OID for your organization, you must enter it in MVE as follows:
1. Navigate to File > Setup > Company Information from the main application menu.
2. Switch to the 'System Settings' tab.
3. Enter the OID in the field labeled 'CCD Organization Code'.