In the past, MVE Cloud users were not able to view the full screen of the Exam module while using an iOS device (iPads and iPhones). This was a limitation of the Microsoft Remote Desktop App. On June 13, 2016 an update was released that adds a feature to the app that allows users to change their screen resolution settings, thus allowing users to view the entire Exam module screen. To make use of this new feature, you will need to update the app to the latest version. Follow the steps in this guide to update the app on your iOS device and select a new screen resolution setting.
Please note that this has been only confirmed to work on the following devices thus far, if you have any issues getting this feature to work on your iOS device, please contact MVE Cloud Support at 1-877-882-7456 extension 5.
|iPad Mini 2
- On your iOS device, open the App Store
- Search for “Microsoft Remote Desktop”
- Find the icon for the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
a. If the button says “UPDATE”, the app is installed but not current, click to “UPDATE” to update the app to the latest version.
b. If the button says “GET”, the app is not currently installed, click “GET” to install the latest version of the app.
c. If the button says “OPEN”, this normally means that the device has automatically installed the update and no further action is required.
- Depending on your settings, you may be prompted for your Apple ID password. Enter your password here and press “OK”.
- The app will begin to download and then install. During this process, the app’s icon will have a circular loading indicator that will allow you to see its progress. Once the circle is complete, the app has finished installing.
- Press the Microsoft Remote Desktop app icon to open the app.
Adjusting the screen resolution (screen size)
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop App on your iOS device.
(If you are installing the app for the first time, follow the steps in our MVE Knowledgebase article titled Access Cloud from iPhone/iPad to setup your MVE Cloud user on your device, then return to Step 2 of these instructions to finish adjusting the resolution settings.)
- Press the Settings gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Press “Display Resolution”
- Press “Custom”
- For the Resolution setting, choose “1536 x 1152”
- For the Scaling setting, slide the button to the far left to set this to “100%”
- Go back to the main screen and log in to MVE Cloud, you will now be able to view the entire exam module.
For additonal information on this change, please refer to the following article: