When trying to launch MVE Cloud, Windows users may get unexpected error messages if the tasks that run in the background failed to close after the previous session. To resolve these errors and log in to MVE Cloud successfully, the processes can be ended manually before reattempting to login. Follow these instructions to end the Remote Desktop processes on your computer.
This is an example of a RemoteApp error that can be resolved by following these steps:
- Click on the Windows START button
- Type “Task Manager” and select Task Manager to open it
- Click on the “Processes” tab
- Click on “Name” (Windows 8, 8.1, or 10) or “Image Name” (Windows Vista or 7) to alphabetically sort this list by name.
Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 users only: Right-click “Name” and select “Process name” to add this column to the list. This will make it easier to locate the processes in the next step.
- As you scroll down the list, you will look for 3 processes that need to be ended. To end them, right-click and select “End Task”.
Processes to end: mstsc.exe, tswbprxy.exe, wksprt.exe
Note: You may find that you can only locate and end 1 or 2 of the 3 total processes. It is OK to proceed as this means that the tasks have already ended. Also, mstsc.exe may appear more than once if you have other remote desktop connections open. Please be aware that you may inadvertently close these sessions as well. It will cause no harm and you will be able to log back into them without any difficulty after signing into My Vision Express.
- Close the Task Manager and attempt to login to My Vision Express again.