This article provides information on how to use the Meaningful Use Wizard within My Vision Express
| My Vision Express now features a Meaningful Use Wizard, designed to assist Eligible Providers to attest accurately for Meaningful Use with ease. The Meaningful Use Wizard verifies that all reporting requirements are met and provides notifications if corrective action is needed for successful attestation. The Meaningful Use Wizard is currently available for all users of our EMR software module.
To begin using the wizard go to File > Setup > Company Information to activate the feature.
- Go to the 'System Settings' tab
- Navigate to the 'Meaningful Use Wizard' checkbox, and click to activate
- Click on the 'Save' button on the toolbar to save changes
- Restart My Vision Express for the changes to take effect
To access the Meaningful Use Wizard, go to File > Reports > Meaningful Use
On the initial start up of the wizard the two following fields will be defaulted:
- Physician – Default setting is based on the Employee setup located at File > Setup > Employee. The default physician selected for the employee will dictate the default physician when accessing the wizard.
- Date Range – The end date will be prefilled to the current date and the start date field will be prefilled to one year prior.
- Registry ID – State Immunization Registration ID
- Run Report – Initiates report validation
- Export to XML – Allows report to be exported to XML format
The report listing is separated into three tabs that consist of the following:
- Core Tab - 15 Core Objectives
- Menu Tab - 10 Menu Objectives
- CQM - Clinical Quality Measures
In addition, you can get more information on each individual report simply by clicking and highlighting the report in any of the tabs and click the Information button at the top right of the report selection. Clicking on the Information button will automatically open your default web browser to the related Knowledge Base article at our Support Center.
The Run Report button will prompt user if all required reports are not selected for the reporting period.
The requirements for a successful report are as follows:
- Minimum of 5 Menu Reports selected
- Required Menu 9
- Required Menu 10
- Minimum of 3 CQM Alternate Reports
- Core Reports are all required (unable to deselect)
- CQM Core Reports are all required (unable to deselect)
The result of the report will be displayed at the bottom of the wizard providing the physician with a Pass/Fail notification for easier reference to areas that require attention during their attestation period.
The results are displayed in the following columns:
- Attestation - Reports that require manual attestation
- Exclude - Reports that allow exclusions (when selected, the Pass/Fail results will change to Pass)
- P/F - Pass / Fail
|The Filter button on the bottom left is available for users to toggle between Pass or Fail results.
The Print button allows you to print the results, and also gives you the ability to email and/or save the file on your computer. At this point, you can also select the manual attestations and exclusions.
Below is an example of a printed report:
Please see our Meaningful Use Webinar video for an overview of how you can successfully use our Meaningful Use Wizard to streamline the attestation process in My Vision Express.
For additional assistance please contact My Vision Express Support
1-877-882-7456 ext 3