This article provides information on how to specify different prices for separate Stock and Surfaced Spectacle Lenses.
You will need to create two separate entries for the same procedure code. You will create one for'Stock', and another for 'Surfaced'. In the example below, we will be using the procedure code V2100.
1. Go to File > Setup > Procedure Codes.
2. In the 'Search' bar, enter in the procedure code you wish to modify. This will automatically filter the results to reflect only the code(s) you wish to view/modify.
3. In the description field towards the bottom of the screen, specify whether the code will be 'Stock' or 'Surfaced', then click 'Save'. You can also modify the usual and customary price (U&C) if desired.
4. Next, click 'Add' . This will create a new column which you will use to create the 'Surfaced' V2100 procedure code. The procedure code and type will be the same as the 'Stock' V2100. Under 'Description', be sure to specify 'Surfaced' or 'Stock', and then price accordingly. Click'Save'.
5. Next, go to File > Inventory > Spectacle Lens, locate the lens, and double click to open.Specify whether it will be 'Stock' or 'Surfaced, then click OK.
Once you have the first lens set up correctly, you can then use the 'Duplicate' button to generate a duplicate entry and then just modify it accordingly.
Click 'OK' when finished. Perform the above steps for both the 'Surfaced' and 'Stock' lens types. They will then show in your Spectacle Lens Inventory.
For additional assistance please contact My Vision Express Support
1-877-882-7456 ext 3