|This article outlines steps on how to import frame information to My Vision Express from Framesdata SPEX UPC CD.
You can import Frames into your inventory from the FRAMES Data SPEX UPC CD. This feature automates your inventory and automatically updates prices, sizes, color, product styles etc. There are two steps that must be followed to add new frames to your inventory using FRAMES Data:
I. Load Frames from the SPEX UPC CD-ROM into My Vision Express
II. Import frames to your inventory.
Load Frames from the Framesdata SPEX UPC CD
1. Follow the menu item sequence … File | Inventory | Transactions | FRAMES Data Import.
2. Under Manufacturers tab click Install Button and select the CD-ROM drive where the FRAMES Data SPEX UPC CD-ROM is located. Once you click OK it will read all the Manufacturers from the CD.
3. Select the Manufacturers whose frames you would like to view or import by clicking on their names.
4. Click Load Frames Button to view the frames of the selected manufacturers. This will load up the frames from selected manufacturers into My Vision Express. It may ask you if you want to clear existing frames that were loaded earlier.
***The Load Frames button will not add frames to your inventory; it just saves the frame information into My Vision Express so you won’t have to access the CD every time you want to add a new frameTo import frames to your inventory***
Importing Frames to Inventory
5. Once the frames are loaded they are available to be imported at anytime. Click on the View Loaded Frames tab to start importing the frames.
There are two ways to import a frame to your inventory:
6. To add them manually: You can use this method if you do not have the UPC numbers available to scan.
7. Under the Loaded Frames Tab, you can search frames to be loaded by manufacturer, collection, style and color.
8. Click the Search Button to view frames that were loaded from the CD and that meet your criteria.
9. You can select the frames that you want to import and click the Down arrow key to move them into selected frames section.
10. To add them by scanning the UPC numbers: You may simply choose to scan a frame that needs to be imported into inventory by specifying the quantity to be imported and scanning the frame UPC. You can scan the frames from the Loaded Frames Tab or access the scan frames window by following the menu item sequence File | Inventory | Transactions | Scan Frames.
11. The UPC code is first looked up in the inventory. If it is found, the on hand quantity will be updated for this particular frame.
12. If it is not found then it is looked up in the frames loaded from the CD. If the frame you are scanning was not found on the loaded frames or on the inventory you will get a warning.
13. You can specify other details such as retail price, quantity, commission, invoice etc on this screen before importing the frame.
14. To specify the same information for many frames select the appropriate frames by clicking on them and clicking Details. Any information you supply in Inventory Details Screen will apply to all the selected frames.
15. Once all the information is entered click Import to import the frames into inventory. If any of the selected frames already exist in the inventory a warning is presented.
16. Click Close to exit.
The cost from SPEX UPC gets imported into cost and group cost fields in My Vision Express. The retail price is automatically calculated based on the group cost and the appropriate formula specified in the Frame Markup settings under File | Setup | Frame Markup.
The Frame Markup screen is used to specify the frames retail price calculation formula. The retail price calculation formula is based on the Start and End Cost price of the frame. When specifying cost price ranges make sure to a specified cost fits within one of the formulas. To add a Frame Markup Formula see the topic on Frame Markups.
For additional assistance contact My Vision Express Support via any of the following options:
1.877.882.7456 ext 3
Click Here for Live Chat
Visit Support Central to submit a ticket