| This article describes how to set up a remote connection from an iPad to a Windows workstation.
Setup a Workstation to allow Remote Access
This step is applied on the workstation the iPad will be accessing.
1. Right-click on “My Computer” and select “Properties” – Make note of the “Computer Name”
2. Select the “Remote Settings” tab and select the radio button that reads “Allow remote connections to this computer”
3. Click the “Select Users…” button and make sure your user account it added to the list
4. Click OK button to finalize setup.
Setup Remote Connection Application on iPad
1. Download and Install the “2X Client” from the APP Store
2. Run the 2X app and choose the option to add an “RDP Connection”
3. In the “Address” field, enter the computer name noted from Step 1 of the workstation setup
4. Enter the username and password used for the computer (If user does not have a password, one will have to be created)
5. Select the Save option and try to connect to the workstation.
Note that the iPad and workstation will have to be on the same network in order to access the workstation remotely.
If you are not comfortable with the guide, please consult an IT Technician to assist you with the setup.
Other methods are also available; they can be discussed with an IT Professional.
For additional assistance contact My Vision Express Support via any of the following options:
1.877.882.7456 ext 3
Click Here for Live Chat
Visit Support Central to submit a ticket