How do I ensure a lens cut out with Oversize Diameter & Maximum Diameter validations?
Posted by on 03 Jun 2014 03:02 PM
For oversized frames, the system will validate the order against the Max diameter and Oversize diameter fields in the spectacle lens settings to ensure lens cut out.
- Oversize Diameter – The size blank at which you want to start charging for an oversize lens
- Max Diameter – The maximum lens blank size for a spectacle lens
- First, import Oversize procedure codes. Go to File > Setup > Insurance > Procedure Codes
- Click the VSP Import button. The Import VSP Option Codes screen will appear
- Right-click inside the screen, then select Filter
- Select the V2780 in the VCode drop down menu and click the OK button
- Select the Plastic Oversize Codes (and for Glass also, if needed)
- Click the Import button
- Select the imported procedure code to add details. Notice that there are now two separate VCodes: One for Single Vision and another for Multifocals
- In the Procedure Code Details section, enter the usual and customary fee in the U & C field. (Most MVE users will charge an Oversize fee based on the oversize charges imposed by their lab. Contact your lab or refer to the latest price list to find the Oversize fee). Also, note that other Procedure codes are priced as a pair.
- Click the Save button on the top menu bar and restart MVE to apply changes
- Next, make sure that you have Oversize inventory items setup and priced in your Lens Treatment Listing. Go to File > Inventory > Lens Treatments
- Select the Oversize category from the Category drop down menu located at the top of the screen
- The Oversize lens treatment items will show (a) the “Frames Stamped 61mm Eye Size or Greater – Plastic” inventory item is included in the initial installation of My Vision Express. Select this item and click the Modify button to make changes, and (b) Change the Procedure Code to the V2780 code for Single vision lenses - for this click the Ellipsis button in the Procedures Code section, enter V2780 in the Search field and click on the Filter radio button, select the code V2780 that is priced for single vision lenses, and then click OK to save.