How do I setup employee security settings?
Posted by on 03 Jun 2014 04:21 PM
The Security Tab available in Company Setup is where you can show or hide certain screens, functions, and/or buttons.
This allows for:
My Vision Express has the following security groups defaulted in the program:
Add additional security groups as needed, such as a Marketing Executive or Optometric Technician.
*Uncheck the Active check box to disable a security group
You may choose to alter the security permissions after setting up each area of the software.
NOTE: We recommend that you set the least restrictive security permissions during the first few weeks of using My Vision Express. Once your staff is familiar with the program, you should review the security permissions thereafter.
Security settings are divided in to three levels of detail:
The checkboxes to the right of each level indicates the security status for each module. If the check box is checked, all of the module and subsequent sections are will be visible for the selected security group. In the image below shows that all areas of the setup module are visible:
An unchecked box indicates that the associated section of the software is not visible for the selected security group.
A filled check box will show for any section of the software that has a combination of checked and unchecked security controls.
To setup Security Group permissions:
1. Go to File > Setup > Company Information > Security
2. From the security group drop down menu, select the security group you wish to modify
3. Once a security group is selected, choose the areas of the software that you wish to make visible or invisible by checking or unchecking the checkboxes for the employees assigned in the selected group.
a. To copy security settings from the current selected group to another group, click the Copy To button.
b. The Select Security Group Copying To screen will appear. Select the security group you wish to copy the current security settings to...
c. Click the OK button to copy the security settings
4. Repeat the steps above to set security settings for all security groups
5. Click the Save button on the top menu bar to apply changes
**Please note that making changes to the GLOBAL SECURITY group option will apply the changes to ALL SECURITY GROUPS**