Do I have to select an allergy reaction when recording allergies?
Posted by on 02 Jul 2014 01:07 PM
ANSWER: Yes. An allergy reaction must be indicated.
QUESTION: What if my patient does not know the reaction they have?
ANSWER: You can add Unknown to the allergy reaction list by executing the following steps:
1) Go to File > Setup > Categories.
2) Select 'Allergy Reactions'.
3) Click the Add button.
4) A new blank line will appear at the bottom; type in Unknown.
5) Click Save on the toolbar at the top.
6) Once you restart the software, you will be able to select Unknown for future patients' allergy reaction.