|This article will provide you steps on how to setup the default billing and rendering providers for easy claim creation.
The default providers can be setup so when a specific physician is selected at the order level the default providers will automatically carry over to the claim level.
NOTE: Before beginning this process make sure all your providers have been setup in the provider module located at File > Setup > Providers along with Facilities located at File > Setup > Facilities.
The default provider values can be setup in the 3 following locations:
Company Information Setup
These steps will outline how to setup the default rendering provider and facility as well as flag as a Group Practice for ANSI837 claim submissions.
1. Go to File > Setup > Company Information
2. If a multiple location practice click Company Tab and highlight the location. For single location proceed to next step
3. Click the Location Settings tab
4. Locate the Insurance section
5. If submitting as a Group practice in ANSI format check the box labeled "Group practice for electronic claims submissions using ANSI 837"
6. Set your "Default Rendering Provider" by clicking in the field and selecting the provider. (This option is recommended for single location only. For multiple location follow instructions for Physician level setup)
7. Set your "Default Facility" by clicking in the field and selecting the facility. (This option is recommended for single location only. For multiple location follow instructions for Provider level setup)
8. Click the Save button to finalize changes and restart program
These steps will outline how to setup the default rendering provider at the physician level so when the physician is selected at the order level the rendering provider is filled in automatically in 24J & 31 on the insurance claim.
1. Go to File > Setup > Physician/Resource(Inhouse)
2. Click on your Physician to view Details below
3. Go to the "Default Rendering Provider" field and select the provider by clicking in the field
4. Repeat steps 2-3 for additional physicians
5. Click the Save button to finalize changes
These steps will outline how to setup the default billing provider at the provider level so when the physician is selected at the order level the default billing provider is filled in automatically in box 33 on the insurance claim based on the default rendering provider selected for the physician.
1. Go to File > Setup > Provider
2. Click on the Provider to view details
3. Click the Facilities tab to select facilities by clicking/highlighting where services are rendered by the provider. (This will make the facility available at the claim level in box 32 of the claim)
4. Go to "Default Billing Provider" field and click to select the default billing provider for box 33 on the claim
5. Go to "Default Facility" and click to select the default facility for box 32 on the claim
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for additional providers
7. Click the Save button to finalize changes
For additional assistance contact My Vision Express Support via any of the following options:
1.877.882.7456 ext 3
Click Here for Live Chat
Visit Support Central to submit a ticket